Title: Love Letters: Supernova
Author: Diebin
Email: diebin@hotmail.com
Fandom: X-Men (movie)
Rating: PG-13
Summary: And it all goes right.
Series: Love Letters - http://www.diebin.com/xmen/loveletters.html
Category: Logan/Rogue
Disclaimer: Marvel and Fox. Bah Humbug.
Archive: If I've said yes before, I'll say yes again. If I haven't--ask me. I'm easy.
Author's Notes: This is dedicated to everyone who wanted a sequel and spoke so persuadingly about it. :)


------
Postmarked:
April 9th
Niagara Falls, New York, USA
-------

Hey Marie,

Well, as you can probably tell from the postmark, I'm not too far away. And you're probably wondering why I'm just sitting here, when I could be on my motorcycle, could be home. Could be with you.

So have you had some time to think things over? I gave you some time, and I've just been kind of waiting for you to forgive me. I wasn't sure how long it would take--I wasn't sure if I even needed to wait. But I didn't want to come home and find out you were still angry with me--because I don't think I would have ever come back again after that.

So I'm sitting here, and I'm going to sit here until you tell me to come home. I've got an address here, I put it on the back of the envelope. I'll be here, waiting. Not running anymore. And if you want me to come home, just write me and say so.

And if you don't want me to come home, well, then write me and say that too.

Just either way--I'm here. Not running again. Waiting for you. I'm ready if you are, Marie. Because I love you.

I do.

-L


"Come on Scott, please--"

"Why am I looking this up?" Scott was pretty sure he knew why he was looking it up, but the light in Rogue's eyes was so bright that he couldn't bring himself to disapprove.

He'd seen the return address on the back of the last letter. So Logan had finally given her something to track on to--and she was leaping at the bait.

No, not just leaping--flying.

Scott sighed, shaking his head. "Didn't anyone ever teach you how to use directory assistance?"

"No," Rogue replied pointedly. "If I knew how to get the number, I wouldn't be asking you."

Scott squashed a smile down, scribbling some instructions down on a piece of paper. "Dial this number, and give them the address. They'll give you a phone number to call." Standing, he let a hand settle on Rogue's shoulder. "You can go use the phone in my room--our phone can dial long distance."

"Thanks, Scott." Rogue's smile was so bright that it almost made up for going against his better judgement. But he loved the kid, and if she needed Logan in her life to make it whole--he wasn't going to stand in the way just because he thought the man was a hairy, obnoxious jerk.

Jean would be proud of him.


Her fingers shook so badly dialing the number that she almost dropped the phone.

She hung up twice while it was still ringing, too afraid to face the man on the other end. She wasn't sure why--he'd flat out said he wanted her, needed her--that he was waiting for her.

It was different though. They had been able to touch, and now they couldn't. They'd been deliriously happy, and now they weren't.

He'd run.

But maybe more importantly--she hadn't made any move to follow him.

She clutched the receiver in both hands the third time so that she couldn't hang up.

He must have been waiting on the other side, because it picked up after only one ring. "Hello?"

"I--" It was all she could say.

"Marie?" His voice was ragged. "Is that you?"

"Hey Logan."

"Marie."

It was the first time she'd heard his voice in over a year. It was frightening, how badly she needed to hear more of it. "I--I didn't want to wait for a letter," she whispered, and she held her breath after the words fell from her lips.

"Oh." His voice sounded almost hesitant. "So--how's the baby?"

She was shaking. "She's fine. She's started talking, saying a few words. It's real cute."

"Good." A long pause, and she could almost hear him gathering his courage. "Marie--"

"Come home," she said in a rush. "Please, come home."

She heard his long exhale over the phone. "God, Marie, are you sure?"

"Yes."

She listened to him breath for a long moment, knowing he was doing the same. Breathing--it seemed like such a simple thing. It seemed like such a wonderful thing, now that she could hear him breathe.

"I'll be home tomorrow," he said finally. "I--Marie, I--"

"I love you too, Logan," she whispered, and then she hung up, because she couldn't stand being so close to him without being next to him anymore.

And when Kitty came in and found her rocking back and forth and crying, it took her a long time to convince her that the tears were from happiness.