Title: Stargazers
Author: Katelin
Email: LizParker@goplay.com
Fandom: Roswell
Rating: G
Summary: Max visits Liz's house late at night to find her parents aren't there. What are they going to do?
Category: Max/Liz
Disclaimer: I don't own them, I wish I did.
Archive: Just tell me where you put it.
Feedback: Yes! Good, bad, I don't care. Just be nice about it.
Author's Notes: In this story, Max can see a lot better in the dark than normal humans. It's the same in the books, so that's where I got the idea.


"Liz" Max said, trying to be quiet.

Liz got up out of her chair and put her journal down. She walked over to the edge of the balcony and saw Max standing there, smiling.

"It's OK. My parents are gone for the weekend to Albuquerque."

"Can I come up" Max asked.

"Sure" Liz replied

Max climbed up the ladder, taking her hand in his when he got to the top. "I was going to suggest going to the movie tomorrow, but since you parents aren't here, maybe we could do something tonight"

"Sure. I'd love to. But what?"

"Do you trust me?" Max asked.

"Yes. Where are we going to go." Liz asked, smiling.

"Come on. You'll see."

She followed him down the ladder and to his car. When she hopped in, she noticed he had a scratch on his hand.

"What happened?" Liz asked.

"I cut it on some wire. Mom saw it so I can't heal it."

"Does it hurt?"

"No, not with you around."

Liz smiled and looked out on the road ahead of them. They were going south, so that meant they were driving into the desert.

"Can't you tell me a clue of where we're going?" Liz asked

"Nope, We'll be there soon."

A few minuets passed and he was right. They were already there. But where we're they? Liz couldn't see anything out here that wasn't illuminated by Max's jeeps lights.

"Max, I can't see in the dark like you can." Liz commented.

"That's where your going to have to trust me." He answered. Max could see better in the night than he could in the daytime, so he could turn the headlights off and still see to drive if he wanted to.

When the car stopped, Max got out and went over to Liz's door. Helping her out, he explained where they were.

"This place is one of the few place in the world where there is a lake in the desert. Come on, I'll show you."

"I won't be able to see it."

"You won't have to"

She walked across the desert floor, with some difficulty, even though Max was guiding her. When her slipped into one of the smaller cracks in the ground, she fell hard on her side. Max scooped her up in his arms almost immediately after she hit the ground.

"Are you O.K.?" He said, his voice tight with concern.

"Yah, I'm fine" She replied.

"I'm going to carry you the rest of the way. There are more cracks up here than I thought."

"Are you sure? I'm pretty heavy."

"Your perfect, not heavy."

He started walking, and Liz soon fell asleep in his arms. About five minuets later Liz woke up as Max sat her down.

"Were here."

Liz looked around. All she saw were stars and the ground.

"Look over there" Max pointed out.

She looked where Max had pointed, and all she saw were more stars. There was something funny about these stars, though. They moved every once and a while, no more like rippled. It was the lake, the reflection of the stars was what rippled.

"It's so beautiful." Liz said. It was the only thing she could think. It was like being the only two people in the world.

"I used to come here a lot. To think and sort things out."

"There's Pegasus." Liz said.

"Just above that is Andromeda" Max explained

"Who's that" Liz asked

"Andromeda was the daughter of Cassiopeia and Cepheus, the king and queen on Ethiopia. When Cassiopeia boasted that Andromeda was more beautiful than the daughters of Nereus, the angry sea god sent the monster Cetus to ravage the kingdom. An oracle said that the sacrifice of their daughter to Cetus was the only way to please the angry god, so the king and queen chained Andromeda to a rock by the sea."

"That's so sad. What happened to her?"

"Perseus came to the rescue just in time, swooping down astride the winged horse, Pegasus. Perseus was able to save Andromeda from death by revealing the hideous head of Medusa to Cetus, which instantly turned the monster to stone."

After a long pause Liz said "Kind of like what you did for me. Saved me. Except for the whole horse-sea creature thing."

Max didn't say anything in response, and Liz didn't want him to. She just wanted to sit here with Max a little while longer.