Title: Yester Life: Glimpses Of The Past
Author: Kia Mira
Email: kia_mira@bellsouth.net
Fandom: X-Men (movie)
Rating: Okay, all I can say is shower scene. Which I have been wanting to write since I saw his naked back in the movie. I am going to explore my thoughts on hygene here so NC-17. Enjoy!
Summary: Wolverine/Logan tries to understand the thing's he read in theat file.
Series: #6 in the "Yester Life" series
Category: Wolverine/Rogue non-brotherly/sisterly love. Which means that I might explore feelings of a sexual nature so...
Disclaimer: If I owned them I wouldn't be posting here. LOL so just keep that in mind.
Archive: Archive
FEEDBACK!!!!: at kia_mira@bellsouth.net


There was a tap on the door, but he ignored it. He sat arms crossed staring at the picture lying in front of him on the table. He had gotten up and looked again at her sketches when he found this black and white photo among the things inside the file.

The man staring up at him from the digital photograph was himself. The original picture at odds with its computer reproduction. Which resulted in a not very clear copy. Though the photo had an over cast of grey that seemed to soften the younger man's feature's his eyes were still the same peircing orbes.

The light tapping sounded again, but he ignored it. His mind still grappling with the awesome discoveries made in this file. It was very thick concidering the shortness of time they had to gather information. Shifting his eyes to the charcohl drawing he had thought unfinished he realized she had not been drawing him after all.

At least not the him that he was now. It was the him of his past life. She had been drawing the face she had seen during one of her sessions. The face of the man she had called husband. They had several transcripts from earlier sessions. Notes written from Regressor's point of view.

Regressor noted that young Marie had traveled with her parents as her father searched for work in the Canadian Rockies. She had seen the young Logan as he worked at the lumber mill in town. And from what Regressor could gather had fallen in love the moment his eyes found hers in the crowded street.

Judging by the notes it looked as though the two had shared a whirlwind courtship and were married after only a week of having set eyes on each other.

The tapping had become a more insistant knock and still Login was loath to allow anyone into this private world. In the end the choice was taken from him as Jean opened the door and leaned in. He knew it was her only because of her scent. He never moved his eyes from the pictures before him.

"Login?" she spoke quietly almost tenatively. He didn't acknowledge her. He only shifted the pages around until he found the death certificates and the newspaper artical that had been found for Marie and her child.

He read the contents of the newspaper artical out loud for Jean. "After finding out her child was stillborn Marie Woolf widow of Captian Login Woolf jumped from the fourth floor of the army hospital she was being treated at."

Jean was quiet. She didn't have the answers he wanted to hear. Putting everything back into the folder her shut it. Then his eyes grimly met Jean's. She felt uncomfortable. He watched as she overted her eyes and moved to sit one of the school issue jogging suits on the dresser.

"I understand you might be a little confused right now."

"A little confused? When I arrived here this afternoon I didn't think I had a soul. I didn't believe anyone had a soul, but this," he pushed the file across the table., "this tells me I do have a soul. And that, that soul has been in exsistance for more than one life time. That if this file is correct that my soul has traveled through at least one lifetime with Rogue. I doubt the adjective little can discribe my confusion."

"Tomorrow Regressor will talk with you. She will be able to help you understand." She said as she glanced about the room taking in its rumpled appearence. "I came to tell you that supper is going to be served soon."

"I'm not hungry." he said and stood up from the chair. "I'm tired." he said effectivily dismissing her.

"Of course." her eyes glancing over the room again. "Were you looking for something?"

He almost mentioned his search but decided against it. His brain bringing forth a bit of information that had been pushed from his mind upon seeing Rogue's drawings.

"The Professor said she made tapes."

"Yes, they are under the bed." Jean gestured toward the slightly mussed bed.

"Uhm." he grunted.

"I'll leave you to rest."

"Yeah." he said as she turned. He thought about asking her to let him know if Rogue needed him, but he figured that would be a given and he really just wanted to be alone right now.

So he watched her go and he shut the door behind her. Then he went to the bed and pulled a shoe box out from under it. He set it on the nightstand and went about stripping his jeans and flannel shirt from his muscular body. After he had stripped down completely he walked into the bathroom. It had been nearly a week since his last bath and he was sure he was starting to smell as bad as day old road kill.

Flipping the light on her glanced around the room. The counter was covered with bottles of oil, shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel. After a quick glance at them he yanked the shower door open. He started the shower making it as hot as he could then he looked around for something to wash himself with. He found a soft cloth under the sink and then looked at the soaps and things littering the counter.

'Which one did she use?', he wondered. Several had been opened and a few wear only half full. He picked a few of them up and sniffed. Flowery. Was the word that came to mind. He had about decided to just do without soap when a bottle to the back of the cluttercaught his eye. It was almost empty more so than the others. Picking it up he brought it to his nose. And was surprised by the masculine scent that filled his nostrals. Turning the bottle he read the label aloud. "Woodland for men." froaning he took if to the shower and stepped under the heated flow. He growled at the pleasant sensation. Tipping his head from side to side ha revealed int he satisfying crack.

Unscrewing the lid from the bottle he emptied its contents into his palm. Then stepping away from the pelting water he worked the gel into a lather. His mind puzzled by the masculine scent that was hidden among her other more flowery scents.

For a moment he ignored the possiblity of another male using this show or this gel. Instead he focused on her. Had she used this gel? Had she stood beneath the warm water and worked the gel into a lather? He closed his eyes. His hands moving on his body as he worked the lather over his chest. Had her hands moved slowly over her own chest as she imagined they were that of her lover. No, not just any lover. Him! Had she imagined that her hands were his. That he had firmly glided his strong fingers over her breasts soaping them. Had her nipples tightened at the thought? Did she stand completely still as she stroked her hands from breast to thigh imagining they were his. His hands sweeping low on her thighs yet not touching that part of her that ached for him? He unconsciously mimicked his thoughts on his own body. Had she imagined that his hands had worked their way down the outer side of her slinder legs to her ankles and then slowly sensuosly skimming up the insides. Had she leaned heavily against the wall as he found her. As he leaned against the wall now? Did she cry out as his fingers stroked her body for the first time? His fingers driving her over the edge of insanity into oblivion. Shattering her body and then righting it in the space of moments as she slid slowly down to her knees beneath the sensual onslaught of the warm water.

Login came back to himself as the water turned cool. He was heaving for breath his satiated body loose and lethargic. It took all his power to pull himself up and move on woobly legs out of the show.

"What the hell was that!" he gruffly ground out as he turned off the water and began to towel dry. 'That his sadistic self chimed in was one of the most intense experiences of your pathetic life and you were alone.'

"Shut up!" he commanded that voice. He didn't want to think about what that meant. 'Or the fact that you were fantasizing about a seventeen year old girl.'

Trying to tune his thoughts out he stepped into the sweat pants and then headed for the bedroom again. Pulling back the blanket and sheet he climbed in. Then lifted the lid on the shoe box. Inside was a portable audio cassett recorder with earphones. Picking it up he pulled out the tape marked, TAPE ONE in bold script.

Putting the tape in the walkman and the earpieces on her lay back against the soft pillows . Her scent drifted up through his sences. Breathing deepily he pushed the play button and closed his eyes as Rogue's gentle voice filtered through the tiny speakers.

"Hello, Logan. I guess if you are listenin' to this somethin' must have happened. I want to start by sayin' that I miss you. I realize that some of what I am going to say on this tape and any of the others that I see fit tou record might be shockin' to you." there was a small rueful chuckle. "No less shockin' than findin' a run away stowed away on your trailer."

"I'm goin' to be tapin' this over a period of time. I am goin' to talk to Professor X about a new theory I read in a journal last night. I have been plagued by dreams since the day you left. They started out small but got worse and worse. I nearly killed a girl about three weeks after you left. So I asked for your room. They thought it was because I wanted solitude, and it was some, but it was more because I needed to be near you. I don't remember much about the dreams. Just flashes. Mixed with emotions. I see you lyin' on a table. Strapped down so you can't move and some one is drawin' lines on you. I can feel your confusion. Then I see the men standin' near and they are wearin' Nazi uniforms. And the confusion turned to a spine chillin' fear. They started workin' on you and then it was like you were under water. I did a little research on them that night in the library. I understand what made you afraid. That isn't anythang to be ashamed of. Could that be when they put that metal inside you? Who know's. Maybe I can find out. I gotta go to sleep now. Professor X is expectin' me in class bright and early." there was the sound of fumbling and then a click. It was followed immediatly by another click and he heard her say. "I almost forgot. Good night login. I'll tape more tomorrow." then another click and silence.

Logan reached over and turned the machine off then he removed the earphones and set the machine on the nightstand. His body tired after all the emotional termoil he had dealt with today. Mental stress was a sure fire way to wear yourself out. It only took him a few moments to root around for a comfortable position and drift into a fitful sleep.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Have to think about the right title for the next part, but I will let you all know.